Wednesday, September 19, 2012

[Where to Next...] Our Honeymoon

As our wedding gets closer and closer, Wes and I continue to search for a honeymoon destination. I'm not usually much of a traveler since I never seem to have enough time off from work to enjoy it, and this time around is no different. We haven't set dates or anything, so we're pretty flexible, but I can only  take three days off from work which means we'll only have about five days.

We had originally wanted to go camping, but realized that camping season would be over for many spots in northern California by the time our honeymoon actually comes so we decided to venture down south to see what southern California had to offer. As I was searching Recreation.gov, I came across a lot of group sites and a few single sites, but we were still looking for a fairly romantic landscape and nothing stuck out.

Wes has been obsessed with hot springs ever since we visited Mono Hot Springs last month and since it's getting cooler, it seemed like a pretty good option. I started doing some research into hot springs, but as I was surfing the web the word "nudist" happened to catch my eye a couple of times. That was all I needed to 86 that one. The last sight I need to see on my honeymoon is some random person coming out of a hot spring in the buff. (Sorry for the image.)

One of the bloggers I follow, Kam of CampfireChic, is a So Cal native, so I figured I'd hit her up for some ideas. She mentioned kayaking to Catalina Island which sounds absolutely AMAZING, but Wes and I are nowhere near that level of expertise...maybe one day. Her other suggestion was Joshua Tree and I've actually heard great things about it, but I've never been. She mentioned the stars were pretty cool up there so this is definitely an option.

People at work have also been asking me about the honeymoon and some have even offered suggestions. One of the girls there suggested Tahoe, which sparked my interest, but then she said a road trip down the 1 and it was like I heard the bell that goes off when someone wins The Price is Right. Then, of course, I remembered the fact that I only have about five days off. This now poses the question of whether we want to do a partial trip of the 1 and take in the sights or do the full coastal state drive stopping at major spots.

There are so many choices and, to be honest, I'm quite tired of making decisions at this point. Planning a wedding is nothing but making decisions and it can be so exhausting. I'm hoping to figure this honeymoon thing out quick! Feel free to send me your suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment