Saturday, September 22, 2012

[Take Me Out...] Double Date Night at Blackbeard's

It was four years ago, last Thursday, that Wes and I went on our first date to the Disneyland Resort. I remember how giddy and nervous I was that entire day. Anyway, we also found out that my older brother, Nick, and his girlfriend, Ruth, (pictured on the left, below) also started dating on September 20th last year so we did a double date night to celebrate!

   

Now, there isn't much to do here in Fresno, especially if you don't really have an attention span for movies (like me), but there is a place called Blackbeard's. It's a pretty cool spot really--lots of arcade games, three supreme mini golf course, two race tracks, bumper boats, laser tag, rope course (which looked SUPER fun) and even water slides. Right now, they have a combo package where you get one round of mini golf, one car race and one round of bumper boats for $10 which isn't bad for a couple of hours of interactive fun.


We did the bumper boats first. Mine was broken, so I spent most of the time spinning in a circle, but it was still pretty fun. (We conveniently were able to match our outfits with our boats.)


After about 10 minutes of spinning around in the bumper boats, we headed over to the race track. The one thing that sucked was that you weren't allowed to drive with flip flops (which I live in when I'm not in work shoes). I didn't mind being Wes' passenger though.


I chose the car on the left for us, even though it looked slower. It seemed to have a little more character. Surprisingly, it was the faster car by A LOT. I felt kind of bad, really. We actually lapped Nick and Ruth.

We saved the best for last and finally headed over to the links after racing. They have three courses: Pirates, Storybook and Western. We were trying to decide between Pirates and Storybook when we realized they had closed Storybook off for the night so we headed to the Pirates course.


Some of the decor even reminded me of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland.

  

As I said, the courses here are pretty awesome. First of all, you can wash your ball at the beginning of the course in one of those golf ball washers. It had been a long time since I'd been here and it was a reminiscent surprise to still see them there.


Here are some of the other highlights of the Pirates course:

 




I actually hate ant holes. Par for me on these holes is usually 6 and that's only because the mercy/time efficient rules that mini golf has. If I could keep going on after 6, I'm guessing it'd be close to 15.

Luck must have been on our side that night because I scored a hole-in-one on the 11th hole...


 and Wes scored a hole-in-one on the 18th. His was better because he got a free ICEE with his. 

 

We had so much fun, we might just make Double Date Night a monthly event!

No comments:

Post a Comment